PSYCHIATRIC NURSING AND MENTAL HEALTH
This master's degree aims to enable the student to:
- To define and analyse the specific responsibilities and functions of the nurse in the field of Mental Health in order to act effectively and efficiently in the organization of the work and management of the nursing team.
- To elaborate, apply and evaluate care plans taking into account the needs of the psychiatric patient and the family, as well as the characteristics of the environment, in all areas of care.
- To deepen the development of interpersonal relations between the sick person and the family and the health team.
- Demonstrate ability in the application of the psychiatric interview.
- Use scientific evidence in the field of psychiatric nursing and participate in the programming of prevention activities, which are carried out in the population and mainly in high-risk groups as well as in the design and implementation of care plans for the patient with mental health problems.
Practices are planned individually taking into account, whenever possible, the needs of each student.
In the event that professional experience can be demonstrated within the scope of the programme, the management of the Centre can recognise the curricular internships as having been passed.