Respiratory infections, such as coronavirus, spread among other things through handshakes, surfaces, or drops of coughing and sneezing.
Good hygiene is the best way to prevent coronavirus infection. This applies not only to the protection of oneself, but also to the protection of others, especially the elderly and the most vulnerable.
The Department of Health, encourages everyone to follow five good tips to protect yourself and others from infection.
1. Wash your hands frequently or use hydroalcoholic solutions for your hands.
2. Coughing or sneezing into your sleeve, not your hands.
3. Avoid handshakes, kisses on the cheeks and hugs - limit physical contact.
4. Ensure good hygiene and cleanliness of the spaces: ventilate and clean surfaces that are touched by many hands (door handles, tables, accessories, toilets, etc.) as many times as possible. Ensure good hand hygiene.
5. Everyone should keep the recommended distance at all times and make use of the mask.